3 tired-n-true natural stain removing methods!
- 1 bar solid castile soap, unscented, shaved into small pieces
- 1/3 cup washing soda
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Thieves® Laundry Soap
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- Empty deodorant container
- Empty lip balm container
- Add all ingredients except for the essential oil and laundry soap into a saucepan.
- Heat on low until the soap and all the particles are mostly melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add Thieves laundry soap and essential oil and evenly mix.
- Let cool slightly and empty the mixture into a ziplock bag.
- Cut the corner off and squeeze the liquid into your containers.
- Put on the lids, let completely cool.
- Lightly dampen stick with a wet washcloth before use to adequately spread around the stained area.
- Wash as you normally would.
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide (3%)
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 20 drops Lemon essential oil
Combine ingredients and pour into a dark glass spray bottle. Hydrogen peroxide is sensitive to light so a dark bottle is essential for maintaining potency.
Shake well, then spray stain remover on the affected area – do a patch test first if there is any concern about colorfastness. I sometimes allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, then rinse while rubbing/scrubbing the fabric, then reapply and repeat until the stain is gone. Other times, I just spray it on and just throw it in the wash.
The Scrub & Soak
- 1 cap-full Thieves® Household Cleaner
- 2 tablespoons Washing Soda*
- 8 oz water
Fill your sink with about 8 oz of water, or use a bowl if that is more convenient for you, and add the Thieves Household Cleaner. In a small bowl have your Washing Soda ready to go. Using a toothbrush or small scrub brush, wet it using the solution in your sink then dip it into the Washing Soda powder. Apply to your stained areas. After scrubbing your stained areas loosening the particles, submerge to garment in your Thieves solution. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, rinse and reapply if needed. Wash are usual.
*Baking soda can be transformed into washing soda. Spread 3 cups of baking soda on a 9×13 cookie sheet. Heat in the oven at 400° – 425° F for 30-60 minutes. (the heat changes the baking soda from sodium bicarbonate into sodium carbonate).